KPP's Chesney Named to APPA Board of Directors
June 26, 2018
Posted June 26, 2018
Mark Chesney, General Manager and CEO of Kansas Power Pool was named to the American Public Power Association Board of Directors at the association’s National Conference last week. APPA members approved the nomination at the association’s annual business meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Five other public power leaders were also elected to the Board with Chesney, including:
• Todd Gale, general manager of Columbus Light and Water in Mississippi;
• David Osburn, general manager of Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority in Edmond, Oklahoma;
• Laurie Mangum, energy director for the City of St. George in Utah;
• Darrel Wenzel, general manager and CEO of Waverly Utilities in Iowa; and
• David Wright, general manager of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in California.
Chesney has served as CEO and General Manager since October 2012 and has over 25 years of experience in the municipal electric utility industry. Prior to joining KPP, Mark was general manager of the Tahlequah Public Works Authority, a municipal utility providing electric and water service to a community of about 16,000 in northeast Oklahoma at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains.
In addition, Mark served as the operations manager of the Utah Municipal Power Agency headquartered in Provo, UT. UMPA is a municipal joint action agency similar in mission to KPP. His public power career began with the Grand River Dan Authority where he was Assistant General Manager for Energy Marketing and Development.
Having served six years on the APPA Board and fulfilling the maximum possible term, KMU Executive Director Colin Hansen relinquished his Board seat at the APPA National Conference.