New Officers Elected to KPP Board of Directors for 2018
During the January 12 meeting of the KPP Board of Directors, Board members elected officers for the current year. Brad Modlin (Mulvane) retired as the Board President and will continue his service as a member of the Board. Larry Paine (Hillsboro) was elected to the position of Board President for 2018. Paine also served as Board President in 2014. Board members also elected Rex Reynolds (Mount Hope) as 1st Vice President, Gus Collins (Winfield) as 2nd Vice President, and John Wheeler (Marion) as Secretary/Treasurer.
Job Posting for Electric Utility Superintendent - City of Kingman
The City of Kingman is looking to hire its next Electric Utility Superintendent. Click on Read More for the position description.
Electric Lineman Job Opportunity in Kingman
The City of Kingman is currently hiring an Electric Lineman. The Electric Lineman performs skilled work of journeyman level in the construction, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground 12.5KV electric distribution power lines, protection equipment metering and other electrical equipment.
Minimum qualifications include graduation from high school or have obtained a GED. Prefer applicant has completed a 4 year apprentice or merchant program. Requires a valid Kansas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and a good driving record.
The City of Kingman is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant/employee with a disability as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act may request an accommodation to perform the functions of this position. A complete job description can be obtained by contacting the City of Kingman at 620-532-3111. Please apply online at www.hrepartners.com.
Things You Might Like to Know
- Greg Graffman was recently appointed to the position of City Manager for the City of Kingman. Graffman is also Kingman's newly-appointed voting delegate to KPP's Membership Committee.
- Leslie Stephan was appointed to the position of City Clerk for the City of Mount Hope. Charlie Beetch resigned effective December 31.
- Ira Hart retired as Electric Utility Superintendent for the City of Kingman on December 15.
- Clayton Garnica is the new Electric Utility Superintendent for the City of Marion.
- Lyle Redgate is the new City Superintendent for the City of Attica
- The Udall City Council appointed council member Damon Wilson as an alternate voting delegate to the KPP Membership Committee.
City of Marion Seeks Lineman
THE CITY OF MARION IS SEEKING A LINEMAN For its Electric Department
1 to 3 Years Similar or Related Experience preferred
Competitive Pay & Benefits
City of Marion
208 E. Santa Fe
Marion, KS 66861
How Small Public Power Utilities Gain A Bigger Voice
The Kansas Power Pool, a public power agency that provides energy and transmission services to 24 public power utilities in Kansas, says that by partnering with GridLiance it is gaining the expertise and staffing support it needs to deal with increasingly complex North American Electric Reliability Corporation compliance requirements and to pursue transmission projects that would benefit its members and their region.