2020 KPP Virtual Fall Planning Summit
Kansas Power Pool is switching gears to transition the annual KPP Fall Planning Summit to a virtual event to ensure our members can still learn, network, and communicate safely from their own offices or remote workstations. Join us for a series of events from August 28th-Sept 5th over the lunch hour.
We have a headline of nationally known speakers such as Joy Ditto, APPA CEO & President and Dennis Pidherny from FitchRatings. Also tune in to hear Victor Lay from Spring Hill, Tennessee describe the trials and tribulations of a full-blown cyber attack on their city. KPP Staff will highlight a few exciting projects that will be moving the needle towards the KPP Strategic Plan objective of assisting members in the area of technology, safety, and distribution system design.
- Mark Chesney, KPP CEO/General Manager – Introduction
- Colin Hansen & Kimberly Svaty – Legislative Update
- Gus Collins, KPP Board President – KPP Update/Looking Ahead
- Dennis Pidherny, FitchRatings – State of Public Power Financing
- Michael Vigeant, Great Blue, LLP – KPP Market Research Results
- Brooke Carroll, KPP Director of Administrative Services – KPP EV Promotional Plan
- Joy Ditto, APPA – Keynote Address
- Victor Lay, City of Spring Hill, TN – A Cyber Case Study
- Mike Chapman, Kelson – KPP Battery Storage Project
- Larry Holloway, KPP Assistant GM/Operations – Why Not Contract for More Wind?
- James Ging, KPP Director of Engineering Serivces – Walnut Energy Project